If you’ve not seen the messages yet, below is information on tickets and message from the parents organizing this year’s ESPRESSIVO! On behalf of Ms. Caswell and myself, again, thank you to all the parents who have already gotten involved or made donations. You’re making a huge impact on the kids’ experiences so thank you so very much! We’re really excited to see everyone at ESPRESSIVO on December 4￼
(PS – Remember, doors and food trucks start serving at 5:00pm, show starts at 6:30 and music students only require tickets if you want them to set at the table with you when they’re not playing. ESPRESSIVO sells out every year, so don’t be disappointed – get your tickets soon!)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Espressivo is only 1 weeks away!
Espressivo is on Wednesday, Dec.4th and it is our biggest fundraising event of the year. It is a fantastic evening of seasonal music and dining presented by our incredible music department and dedicated parent volunteers. Tickets are on sale now on School Cash online viahttps://sd35.schoolcashonline.com/Fee/Details/18833/111/False/True
In addition to performances by our DW Poppy bands and choirs, the event also includes food trucks for dining at the concert, a silent auction, a 50/50 draw, complimentary desserts, and a balloon pop fundraiser. Preparations are well underway, but we are still looking for some help from our fantastic DW Poppy Music families.
Here are some of the ways that you can get involved in Espressivo:
1. Contact Cathy Gropp (email@example.com) to see what volunteers are needed on the day/night of the event
2. Consider making a donation for our silent auction &/or approaching businesses you may have a connection with (see ideas below).
3. Donate a gift card or 2 for our very popular balloon pop (if you plan to give a $20 card, please note that 4 cards with $5 amounts are preferable to a single card because it will give us more balloons to pop, a few higher priced gift cards are great too if you have other amounts lying around the house J)
Silent Auction Donation Ideas:
-event tickets (Canucks, concerts, etc) -winter sports/activities basket
-holiday/Christmas theme basket -rain/snow survival kit
-getaways -movie tickets and dinner gift card
-LEGO basket -gardening basket
-scratch ticket basket -bigger gift cards for dining, stores or services
-sports memorabilia -gourmet tea/coffee or chocolate basket
Tax receipts are available for the value of the items donated. Please include your name and contact information with your item. Donations can be mailed in, dropped off at the office or picked up as needed.
Proceeds from Espressivo go to support:
– integration of technology into the band and choir rooms
– growth of the department’s library of print music for band and choir
– additional music and resources for our elementary honour band program
– maintenance of our school instruments
– the purchase of additional instruments
– student opportunities to work with other professional musicians and educators
If you have any questions or would like to help at this year’s Espressivo, please contact Cathy firstname.lastname@example.org , Jackie at email@example.com or Laurel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any and all help and donations are greatly appreciated and absolutely vital to the success of our event!