Remember that SCC is singing “O Canada” at the awards ceremony Friday June 16th. We will not be in uniform as it is such a brief performance. We will have a short run through at lunch in the choir room.
Just a reminder that due to the elementary Honour Band and Jr. Tours, there are no off-timetable classes for the rest of the week. (SWE received a REMIND at lunch today).
It may be three months away, but it isn’t too early to start thinking about summer plans. There are a number of great musical opportunities that your child can participate in over the summer. Here are a few:
- VSO School of Music Summer Programs
- Douglas College Summer Jazz Intensive
- South Delta Jazz Festival – Student Workshop
- UBC Summer Music Institute (includes an option to live on campus)
Any jazz students interested in participating in the TD High School Jazz Intensive are encouraged to apply. This is a great opportunity to work with phenomenal young musicians from all over the lower mainland. If you have any questions, speak with Mr. Follett.
BC Honour band and choir applications are online now. Any students interested in participating are encouraged to put together an application package in the next two weeks. See Mr. Follett or Mr. Ablitt if you have any questions.
- Senior Jazz and Redhawk Voices Rehearsal ARE ON AS USUAL
- Band 10 – Have you dropped off your Chilliwack Band Festival paperwork yet?
- Neufeld Farms pickup at DW Poppy at 6:00pm tonight
- Senior Chamber Choir and Junior Jazz Ensemble Rehearsals ARE ON AS USUSAL
- Elementary Zone Concert starts at 7:00pm
- Anyone who can help setup after school is greatly appreciated
- Call for SWE and all touring members of Concert Band 10 is 7:30 as guest performers for the show
- Senior Wind Ensemble IS ON AS USUAL (Band 10 members who are on tour need to join us by 7:45am for a dress rehearsal on our massed tune)
- Sounds of Spring Concert – 6:30pm Call w/ 7:00pm start
All DW Poppy Musicians are performing this eveningAdmission by donation at the door
Thursday, March 9
- NO EARLY MORNING REHEARSALS FOR SJE or RHV
- Concert Band 10 participates in the Chilliwack Band Festival
Band 10 meets in the band room at 8:30am in uniform
We will be back no later than 2:00pm**We are still looking for 1-2 parent volunteers to help chaperone the day
**Rugby 7’s players who are driving back after our performance need to contact me regarding necessary district paperwork
Friday, March 10
- NO EARLY MORNING REHEARSALS FOR SCC or JJE
- Senior Tour Medical and Permission Forms due today
- Last day before break. Please take instruments home today so they are not here over the holiday.
Looks like school is on so hope to see JrJazz at 6:45. check district site @ 6:30 for updates if concerned
The district has cancelled school today due to the weather. https://www.sd35.bc.ca/alerts/all-langley-district-facilities-closed-thursday-february-9/
The district won’t be updating school status until 6:30am, but considering that DriveBC has issued a travel advisory for Hope through Langley http://www.drivebc.ca/mobile/pub/events/id/RTMC_12538.html (and the trees in my front yard are caked with ice) I’m going to cancel Senior Jazz for this morning. Please check the district website (http://www.sd35.bc.ca) for updates regarding the rest of classes for the day.