We need ideas for a pop tune for each band that has been arranged for concert band already. If you would like to have some input on our final set, please email me a link by April 3 (before we come back to class) from JWPepper as described below.
Follow the link here: https://www.jwpepper.com/sheet-music/concert-band-music.jsp to the concert band listings for JW Pepper (think Amazon for music programs) and search for songs you’d like to play. Be sure you’re in the band listings and looking for the right difficulty:
- Band 6/7 – Very Easy
- Honour Band – Very Easy or Easy
- Band 8 & 9 – Easy or Medium Easy
- Band 10 – Medium Easy or Medium
- Band 11/12 (SWE) – Medium or Medium Advanced
As we’re reflecting in all classes post-concert, here are the recordings of the Senior Wind Ensemble’s set from Tuesday, March 13 and the reflection assignment. Due Friday, March 16 (student in Europe, due upon your return to school).
Photo schedule, in uniform in band room.
11:33-Senior Jazz 10-12
11:36-Senior Wind 11/12
11:39-Senior Concert Choir 10-12
11:42-Poppy VOX 10-12
11:45-Redhawk Voices 8/9
11:53-Junior Jazz 8/9
Concert Call – 6:30pm
A reminder of a few very important things for our last week before break around concerts, photos and rehearsals:
- Early morning rehearsal are back to normal for Monday and Tuesday of next week.
- Senior Wind Ensemble is performing at the elementary concert Monday night. Call for the band is 7:30. The band is closing the night.
- Yearbook photos for ensembles will take place on Tuesday March 13 at lunch. All students need to be in uniform at lunch time. It will be a tight timeline so please ensure you’re here, prepared and on time.
Tuesday, March 13 Yearbook Photos
- 11:30-Band 10
- 11:33-Senior Jazz Ensemble 10-12
- 11:36-Senior Wind Ensemble 11/12
- 11:39-Senior Concert Choir
- 11:42-Poppy VOX
- 11:45-Redhawk Voices
- 11:49-Band 09
- 11:53-Junior Jazz Ensemble 8/9
- 11:57-Band 08
We have our spring concert on Tuesday, March 13. Call is 6:30pm and the show starts at 7:00pm. Performers on Tuesday are:
- Band 08
- Redhawk Voices
- Band 09
- Band 10
- Senior Concert Choir
- Senior Wind Ensemble 11/12
Thanks so much for your ongoing support of your child’s music education!
Please be reviewing 90, 95-99 & 101 as I will be checking these prior to our concert.
(5:18am) There’s certainly snow but it doesn’t appear to look like its continuing. I will be in to run SWE today, but I know conditions may vary where you are. Be safe and communicate. If driving conditions are unsafe in your neighbourhood, please make whatever decision about rehearsal that you need to. Simply let me know what that decision is so I can adjust rehearsal accordingly.
Now that I have a bit of a sense of who’s interested, I’ve pulled a set for the band. Here are recordings of the three tunes we’ll look at on Tuesday evening, 8-9pm.
- Killer Joe – Arrangement by John Higgins
- Street Smart – Beach and Shutack
- Ja-Da – Arrangement t by Michael Sweeney
I’ll have parts prepared for the rehearsal but please contact me if you’d like to see the music before then. If you’ve got any questions, don’t hesitate to ask – firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who are interested in singing or playing with the Provincial Honour Band, Orchestra, Choir, Jazz Band or Vocal Jazz Ensemble are invited to apply starting now. Audition requirements can be found at http://bcmusiced.ca/ensembles/ and submissions are due by Friday, April 13, 2018 to perform with the ensembles next October.
Just a note to members of both Senior Jazz Ensemble and Senior Wind Ensemble. On Wednesday, January 31, 2018, we will have a Senior Jazz Clinic with Dr. David Proznick. All members of Senior Jazz are required to attend. As such, students NOT in Senior Jazz do not need to attend that morning.