Just a quick reminder to all members of both Senior and Junior Jazz Ensembles that we have our clinics with bassist Jodi Proznick on Monday this week to prepare for Jazz Café on February 11.
- Senior Jazz Ensemble 10-12 will start promptly at 6:45am as we want to be warmed up and prepared for our 7:00-8:00am clinic.
- Junior Jazz Ensemble 8-9 will start right at 11:40 with the altered bell schedule and will be extending our lunch rehearsal until 12:45 to maximize our time. I have already informed grade 8 teachers about our extended rehearsal and have had no concerns voiced regarding being late back to C2 after lunch.
Please be prepared with everything, including a pencil and take a few moments to listen to some samples of Jodi’s quartet here: http://www.jodiproznick.com/albums/foundations/
If your family hasn’t bought tickets yet, visit http://poppyjazzcafe.brownpapertickets.com quick and I’ll see you in Monday’s rehearsals!
We’d like an opportunity to chat face to face about upcoming events with any and all interested parents. It will be a brief meeting to touch base as we head into second semester with coffee and dessert so we hope to see lots of people out for this evening.
On Wednesday, March 2, we will again be hosting the elementary bands from Coghlan, Fort Langley, North Otter, and Peterson Road along with the DW Poppy Elementary Honour Band. Band 10 and Senior Wind Ensemble will be performing their massed music as guest artists for the evening. The show will start at 7:00pm but Poppy students do not need to arrive until 7:30pm for their brief performance as they have their main concert the following week.
As we head off for spring break, this evening is a more traditional concert featuring our including Redhawks Voices, Senior Chamber Choir, Band 8, Band 9, Band 10, and Senior Wind Ensemble. Students have a 6:30pm call for this event and admission is by donation at the door.
The second newsletter for the Junior Tour to the Sun Peaks ConBrio festival went home with students on January 12th & 13th and a copy has also been emailed home. Updated Fundraising Balances have been posted in the band room hallway so students know how much they owe. Please ensure that your child’s final payment ($300 less their fundraising total) along with the permission and medical form is returned by Monday, February 1. If you have any concerns regarding making the financial deadline, please contact Mr. Follett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The second tour payment of $500 is due for those students participating in the Senior Tour to Montreal. If you have any questions regarding the Montreal Tour, please contact Mr. Ablitt (email@example.com).
As has been mentioned previously, Senior Chamber Choir has been invited to open the December 14th Township council meeting. Members need to meet at the township offices in uniform with additional Christmas accents (hats, antlers and so forth) no later than 6:45pm on Monday, December 14th on the 4th floor of 20338 – 65 Avenue by Costco. We will perform O Canada and the 2 numbers from our holiday set at 7:00pm and should be done no later than 7:15pm. There will be seating available for parents in the gallery so please feel free to join us for the performance!
Dear Poppy Music Families,
With less than 24 hours to go, we just want to remind you of a few things for tomorrow night:
1. If you have a large group attending or require specific seating for any reason, please remember to arrive with lots of time to find good seats. Doors will open at 5:00pm, the performances will begin at approximately 6:30, and and we have sold out this year.
2. Dinner is available for purchase from our 4 food trucks from 5:00-7:00pm. Please keep in mind that there are usually lines and you need to wait for your meals as they are made to order. You are able to pay with cash or credit card.
3. As we have heard that there are some who did not manage to purchase tickets, there will be very limited seating around the edge of the gym available (not at the tables) so you can at least see your child perform. Those seats will be available for $5 per person at the door.
Remember that we also have our balloon pop, popcorn sales, silent auction and more! All proceeds from this event go to support your kids involvement in music, and don’t forget that ESPRESSIVO will also be live streamed at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dwpoppymusic so tell your extended family so they can see what your children are up to.
Thanks so much to all the parent volunteers who have helped and/or will be helping out tomorrow to make the event a success. It looks to be a great night and we look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow evening!
Thanks for your continued support of your child’s music education.
Mark & Wayne