Just a quick update as we’re back from the long weekend
- Fundraising has started! Neufeld Order Forms have been sent home with kids – extras are available in the Band Room. Deadline for submission is Oct 18 (midnight for online orders) and pickup is Wednesday Oct 30th at 7pm – people must pick up their orders as we cannot hold them. Anyone with questions can email Pamala Combs at email@example.com or call/text 604.838.7877
- Hard copies of order forms are still available in the band room
- Online orders are live through SchoolCashOnline
- Practice Cards are live and on to their 3rd week. Please ensure your child asked you to sign off on their Practice Card 2 (weeks 3 & 4) this weekend. I’m asking the kids to log what they are practicing, not how much, as part of their reflection around effort and musical growth. The next one, Practice Card 3 (weeks 5/6), is out in hard copy and live this week.
- Concert Uniforms: Concerts are coming so please ensure your child has their dress blacks as outlined in the fall. For seniors, ties and scarves have arrived and will be distributed this week.
- Concert Dates – Please be sure you have the following dates saved in your calendar:
- Oct 22 – Senior Choir – District Choral Festival
- Oct 30 – Senior Wind Ensemble – District Band Festival
- November 5 – Junior 8/9 Night of Music at Poppy (6:30 call, 7:00pm start)
- November 6 – Senior 10-12 Night of Music at Poppy (6:30 call, 7:00pm start)
- December 4 – ESPRESSIVO
- Please consider making a donation towards ESPRESSIVO or volunteering your time to help out for our major event December 4th. Any items for Silent Auction or $5.00+ gift cards for the balloon pop are greatly appreciated! Please contact Cathy Gropp (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will connect you with the appropriate parent volunteer/volunteer coordinator.
I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend and thank you all for your ongoing support of your child’s music education!