As has been mentioned previously, Senior Chamber Choir has been invited to open the December 14th Township council meeting. Members need to meet at the township offices in uniform with additional Christmas accents (hats, antlers and so forth) no later than 6:45pm on Monday, December 14th on the 4th floor of 20338 – 65 Avenue by Costco. We will perform O Canada and the 2 numbers from our holiday set at 7:00pm and should be done no later than 7:15pm. There will be seating available for parents in the gallery so please feel free to join us for the performance!
Dear Poppy Music Families,
With less than 24 hours to go, we just want to remind you of a few things for tomorrow night:
1. If you have a large group attending or require specific seating for any reason, please remember to arrive with lots of time to find good seats. Doors will open at 5:00pm, the performances will begin at approximately 6:30, and and we have sold out this year.
2. Dinner is available for purchase from our 4 food trucks from 5:00-7:00pm. Please keep in mind that there are usually lines and you need to wait for your meals as they are made to order. You are able to pay with cash or credit card.
3. As we have heard that there are some who did not manage to purchase tickets, there will be very limited seating around the edge of the gym available (not at the tables) so you can at least see your child perform. Those seats will be available for $5 per person at the door.
Remember that we also have our balloon pop, popcorn sales, silent auction and more! All proceeds from this event go to support your kids involvement in music, and don’t forget that ESPRESSIVO will also be live streamed at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dwpoppymusic so tell your extended family so they can see what your children are up to.
Thanks so much to all the parent volunteers who have helped and/or will be helping out tomorrow to make the event a success. It looks to be a great night and we look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow evening!
Thanks for your continued support of your child’s music education.
Mark & Wayne
We are very excited to announce that ESPRESSIVO: Holiday Celebration is officially sold out. We increased our capacity by over 100 seats from last year and have no tickets remaining. Thanks to all the volunteers and students who are in the process of making this show an event to remember. Don’t forget to let family and friends know that they can also visit http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dwpoppymusic to watch the show online.
See you on Wednesday evening!
More than 1/3 of the tickets for ESPRESSIVO have been sold now and the pace is picking up. If you haven’t got yours yet, visit http://dwpoppymusic.brownpapertickets.com and order yours soon. Looks to be a great night to celebrate the work of DW Poppy’s young musicians and kick off the holiday season. See you on December 2!
Thanks to all the musicians for two great evenings of music last week. The recordings of the concert have been edited and have been posted to the Events: Fall Showcase Concert Page. Well done everyone!
Hard to believe it is already November, but after a very successful District Choral Festival with Dr. Richard Nace and schools from around Langley, it is important to know that the work continues and the next 4 weeks are very busy for DW Poppy music students.
- Tour deposits for Sun Peaks (grade 8/9’s) and Montreal (grade 10-12’s) have come due.
- We have concerts on November 4th and 5th.
- We have two individual student Fundraisers in process: Neufeld Farms (due November 9th) and Poinsettia Sales (due November 20th).
- Tickets go on sale for ESPRESSIVO: Holiday Celebration, which happens on Wednesday, December 2.
Thanks so much for your ongoing support of your child’s music education. As usual, if you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact Mr. Follett or Mr. Ablitt, and check your email and back here for updates!
All students should have brought the newsletter home last week, but we wanted to remind all choir families of our altered schedule this week and our mini-massed choir rehearsal at Langley Fundamental Secondary School.
Monday, October 19th, we are rehearsing with Richard Nace before school on our concert repertoire. Rehearsal will run from 6:45am to 8:15am. Students will be excused from the first 10 minutes of class on Monday.
Monday, October 19th, we are rehearsing along with LSS, Brookswood, ACSS and Langley Fundamental from 4:00pm to 5:30 at Langley Fundamental (21250 42nd Ave) on our massed choir material. Mr. Ablitt has organized a bus for students who require transportation. The bus will pickup at DW Poppy at 3:30 and be back no later than 6:00pm.
Our performance takes place on Octber 26th in the evening at RE Mountain Seconday (7755 202a Street). Call is 6:00pm and the concert begins at 7:30pm. Students need to find their own transportation and are asked to dress in all black for this performance. No uniform pieces are required.
Just a quick reminder of some alterations to Friday’s schedule this week. RedHawk Voices will be running as usual, but Senior Choir, Junior Jazz and Senior Wind Ensemble will not be running tomorrow.