DW Poppy Music Department’s annual fundraising concert will be taking place on Wednesday, December 5, 2018. This year’s holiday spectacular involves more than 200 student performers in 5 concert bands (including the Elementary Honour Band), 2 concert choirs, 2 jazz bands, and jazz choir.
Tickets are $12.00 per person and are now available online through the following link:
Please note that performers only require a ticket if you would like them to join you at your table during the concert when they are done their performance.
Doors open at 5:00pm and in addition to a night of great musical performances beginning at 6:30pm, food trucks including Big Reds Poutine, Wings, & Helms Mobile Kitchen will have dinner available for purchase from 5-7pm. The evening also includes coffee and desserts, a “balloon pop” fundraiser, raffle, and silent auction. Proceeds from the event help us subsidize costs to participate in festivals and competitions, put on concerts in the community to connect our students outside the school, bring in guest artists to work with our young musicians, and most importantly, to provide instruments and partial tour funding to our students in need who would otherwise be unable to participate, so thank you so much for your generous support!
Your purchase will put you on the Will-Call list at the door, but as this is our first year moving to SchoolCashOnline, please print off your receipt or bring a “screen cap” on your phone
We encourage families put purchase their tickets online, but if you do not pay school fees online, you can pay with cash/cheque (payable to DW Poppy Secondary School) in the band room. Please note that this event sells out most years so order your tickets soon!
Thanks so much and we’ll see you on December 5th!
Mark & Wayne
In preparation for everyone’s holiday entertaining, the next round of Neufeld Farms fundraising is now live. Orders are due no later than 12Noon on Thursday, November 29. Pickup is at 6:30pm on Wednesday, December 12th. Details are available via our Fundraising page.
We had a great series of concerts last week with our Senior Night of Music, Junior Night of Music and two Remembrance Day performances. Thanks to Mr. Janzen’s tech crew, we have live streams of both our evening shows. (Audio is much improved on the second evening’s recording).
This week our Senior Concert Band is performing at Walnut Grove Secondary for the District Senior Concert Band Festival. Hope to see you there.
Please remember that we have Poinsettia Sales running through Friday, November 23 and a heads up that we will be posting details for both our next Neufeld Farms sale and ESPRESSIVO 2018 shortly. Thanks to our parent volunteers for making this all happen!
Just a few reminders as it’s concert week…
Concert & Rehearsal Calendar:
- Grade 10-12 students are here on Tuesday evening (6:30pm call, 7:00pm start)
- All Black with Red Ties or Scarves as purchased through the department. Please see the UNIFORMS policy from the handbook and online if you have any questions.
- Grade 8 & 9 students are performing on Wednesday evening (6:30pm call, 7:00pm start)
- All Black with optional red accents. Please see the UNIFORMS policy from the handbook and online if you have any questions.
- Senior Choir and Senior Band are performing at the Remembrance day assemblies on Thursday
- Senior Band will have a late start rehearsal on Wednesday morning (7:30am) to prep for Remembrance Day
- Senior Jazz will have no rehearsal on Thursday due to Remembrance Day performances by most members
- District Senior Band Festival (Senior Concert Band members only) is on Thursday, November 15 at Walnut Grove Secondary (6:30pm call, 7:00pm start)
- Neufeld Farms was a massive success with over $23,000 in sales and thousands of dollars directly to student accounts in support of their travel this year.