Hello Poppy Music Parents!
Espressivo is almost here so we wanted to let everyone know about some of the ways you can get involved with this great event. Espressivo will be held on Wednesday, December 6th. For those of you who are new to our music program, this is our biggest fundraising event of the year. It is a fantastic evening of seasonal music and dining presented by our incredible music department and dedicated parent volunteers.
In addition to performances by our DW Poppy bands and choirs, the event also includes food trucks for dining at the concert, a silent auction, a 50/50 draw, complimentary desserts, and a balloon pop fundraiser.
Espressivo is a big undertaking and we need your help! Here are some of the ways that you can get involved and help us make this important event a success:
- Go to our volunteer sign-up page and see what volunteers are needed on the day/night of the event https://www.volunteersignup.org/Y7TXT
- Consider making a donation for our silent auction &/or approaching businesses you may have a connection with (see ideas below). Our first concerts are November 7th and 8th, this would be a fantastic time to start bringing in donations!
- We also need someone to be in charge of the silent auction, to basically be a contact person for interested businesses and oversee soliciting new donations. This is an extremely important role, if you might be able to help with this, please email email@example.com.
- Donate a gift card or 2 for our very popular balloon pop (if you plan to give a $20 card, please note that 4 cards with $5 amounts are preferable to a single card because it will give us more balloons to pop, a few higher priced gift cards are great too if you have other amounts lying around the house J)
Silent Auction Donation Ideas:
- event tickets (Canucks, concerts, etc)
- winter sports/activities basket
- holiday/Christmas theme basket
- rain/snow survival kit
- movie tickets and dinner gift card
- LEGO basket
- gardening basket
- scratch ticket basket
- bigger gift cards for dining, stores or services
- sports memorabilia
- gourmet tea/coffee or chocolate basket
Tax receipts are available for the value of the items donated. Please include your name and contact information with your item. Donations can be mailed in, dropped off at the office or picked up as needed.
Proceeds from Espressivo go to support:
- subsidize costs to participate in festivals and competitions,
- put on performances away from Poppy to connect our students outside the school,
- growth of the department’s library of print music for band and choir
- maintenance of our school instruments and purchase of additional instruments
- bring in guest artists to work with our young musicians
- provide instruments and partial tour funding to our students in need
If you have any questions or ideas for this year’s Espressivo, please contact Cathy CGropp@sd35.bc.ca or 604-807-8380 or Laurel firstname.lastname@example.org. Any and all help and donations are greatly appreciated and absolutely vital to the success of our event!
Cathy Gropp & Laurel Horn – Volunteers & Proud Poppy Music Parents